1) 1 package spiced thick dry tofu
2) 1 cup Thai basil
3) 5 cloves garlic
4) 5 fresh chillies
5) 1/2 Tbsp sugar. If you like sweet you can put some more.
6) 2 1/2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
7) 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
8) 2 Tbsp canola oil
9) 1 cup carrot
10) 3 shallots
11) 1 " ginger
12) 1 green bell pepper or red bell pepper
1) You can find spiced Thick Dry Tofu at any Asian grocery.
2) Wash tofu very well.
3) Then cut into a bite size or the way you like.
4) Wash Thai basil leaves then pick only Thai basil leaves from stems.
5) Peel carrots and wash green bell pepper then cut carrots and green bell pepper into 2" Length.
6) Peel the skin of ginger root and shallots and wash them well then thinly slice.
7) Remove chillies stems and peel the garlic then use a mortar and pestle to crush the chillies and garlic for the best result.
8) Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
9) add crushed the garlic and chillies into the pan to stir-fried.
10) Next add sliced ginger and shallots into the pan to stir until crisp & golden.
10) Add cut tofu into the pan to stir-fried.
11) Seasoning with thin soy sauce, sugar and lime juice.
12) Add cut carrots into the pan.
13) Add cut green bell pepper into the pan to stir well until cook.
14) Add Thai basil.
15) Stir quickly in the pan so they retain their colour, then remove from heat.
Enjoy your Vegetarian Stir-Fried Tofu with Thai Basil .