Yellow curry shrimp or " Kaeng Ka Ri Gung" in Thai. Yellow curry is one of three major kinds of Thai curry, It's south of Thailand food and this yellow curry recipe is similar to Indian curries that made from Cumin, Coriander, Tumeric, Fenugreek, Garlic, Salt, Bay Leaf, Lemongrass, Cayenne Pepper, Ginger, Mace and Cinnamon. It's a creamy coconut milk -based curry with potatoes but here yams are used . This is so fast and easy to make it. Dinner with this was so delicious last night. If you want to try to make yellow curry shrimp with me you just follow my entry step by step and you will know how simple it is.
1) 15 shrimps
2) 2 yams or potato
3) 1 onion
4) 2 Tbsp yellow curry
5) 1 Tbsp fish sauce
6) 3/4 Tbsp palm sugar
7) 1 cup coconut milk
8) 3 shallots.
1) Clean and peel shell of the shrimps.
2) Thinly slice shallots and fry on the pan for garnish the yellow curry.
Fry until turn to gold.
Drain on paper towel
3) Peel the yams and wash them very well.
Cut yams into 1 " dices.
4) Put 5 cup of water into the pot to boil the yam until yam is cooked.
5) Drain cooked yam and set aside.
6) Peel onion, wash then coarsely slice into pieces
7) Pour coconut milk in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, then then add yellow curry paste.
8) Stir until thoroughly mixed.
9) Add cut onion into the pot.
10) Stir well and add shrimps into the pot.
11) Stir thoroughly and when the onion and shrimps are cooked.
12) Then add cooked of yam into the pot and seasoning with fish sauce and Palm sugar. Stir thoroughly, remove from heat. Enjoy your yellow curry. Before you serve garnish with dry of shallots.