Steamed Salmon with Thai Herbs or " Salmon Nueng Sa Mun Prai" Sa Mon Prai mean herbs. I learn to steam salmon for our dinner tonight. I try to remember the way my mother cooked for me all the time. She steamed fish with banana leaf but I do with aluminium foil. That was fantastic flavor and really healthy.
1) 0.49 Lb. salmon steak
2) 3 shallots
3) 4 cloves garlic
4) 4 fresh chilies
5) 3 lemongrass
6) 1 cup Thai sweet basil
7) 2 Tbsp fish sauce
8) 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
9) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
10) 2 Tbsp water
11) 1/8 tsp black pepper powder.
1) Wash Thai sweet basil and pick only leaves from stems.
2) Peel shallots and garlic, remove chilies stem and cut the end part of lemongrass. Wash dirt.
3) Cut lemongrass, chilies, garlic and shallots into small pieces.
4) Coarsely pound cut lemongrass in a mortar.
5) Add cut cut chilies and coarsely pound in a mortar.
6) Add sliced shallots, coarsely pound in a mortar.
7) Add cut garlic, coarsely pound in a mortar.
8) Add water, fish sauce, sugar, black pepper powder and lime juice.
9) Stir well until all ingredients get together.
10) Wash salmon and pat to dry.
11) Place salmon into aluminium foil.
12) Pour the mixture over the salmon.
13) Place Thai basil leaves on top of salmon.
12) Fold up the aluminium foil nicely then bring to steam for 20-25 minute or until salmon is cooked.
13) Transfer the salmon and sauce to a serving platter and enjoy.