Thai Fish Chu Chee Curry or " Chu Chee Pla" in Thai. This curry recipe comes from south of Thailand. This is my first dish with Chu Chee curry paste. I want to try new recipe for my husband. This is very good. It's similar with Panang curry or red curry to me but they are difference curry. I found MaeSri is one of the most famous of all Thai food brands. I always use MaeSri brand. You can find Chu Chee curry paste in big Asian Supermarket. If you would like to try this recipe. Here is for you to try to cook for your family. Hope you like the dish.
Ingredients:1) 1/2 Lb. haddock ( white fish like tuna, sea bass or red snapper)
2) 1 cup coconut milk (keep 1 Tbsp for garnish)
3) 3 kaffir lime leaves
4) 1 tsp palm sugar
5) 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
6) 1/8 tsp white pepper powder
7) 1 cup Thai sweet basil
8) 4 fresh chilies for garnish
9) 1 Tbsp canola oil
1) Clean fish very well and cut into halves. 2) Sprinkle with salt.
3) Bring to steam for 20-25 minutes or until fish is cooked.
4) Wash Thai sweet basil and pick only leaves from stems.
5) Take the seed out from fresh chilies and thinly slice.
6) Wash kaffir lime leaves and slice finely.
7) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
8) When the oil is hot, add Chu Chee curry paste into the pan.
9) Stir until fragrant.
10) Add coconut milk into the pan. Keep 1 or 2 Tbsp for garnish the dish.
11) Add fish sauce, palm sugar and white pepper powder. Stir well until mix together.
12) Add sliced finely kaffir lime leaves.
13) Add Thai sweet basil.
14) Stir for half minute and remove from the heat.
15) When the fish is cooked.
16) Place steamed fish to the plate.
16) Pour the sauce on top of the steamed fish.
17) Before you serve, garnish with coconut milk, sliced kaffir lime leaves and slice fresh chilies.