1) 0.56 Lb. salmon
2) 1 cup of coconut milk
3) 1 cup of water
4) 3 stalks fresh lemon grass
5) 4 " length of galangal
6) 4 kaffir lime leaves
7) 5 fresh chilies pepper
8) 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
9) 2 Tbsp lime juices
10) 7 mushrooms
11) 2 Tbsp fish sauce or lite soy sauce.
12) 1/8 tsp salt
13) 1 onion
1) Clean salmon and cut into bite size.
2) Trim off the very end of the root of lemon grass and smash with pestle then cut into 1 " length. Thinly slice galangal root and tear kaffir lime leaves into small pieces.
3) Peel onion and wash it then slice it.
4) Wash cilantro and chop it. Cut fresh chili into small pieces.
5) Wash mushrooms and slice in 5- 6 parts. ( See photos) .
6) Put coconut milk , water and salt into the pot then bring to to boil on medium-high heat.
7) Add sliced galangal, cut lemon grass and cut kaffir lime leaves, then let them boil about 5 minutes.
8) While the soup is boiling, add cut salmon into the pot.
9) When the salmon is cooked, add sliced mushrooms into the pot.
10) Add sliced onion.
12) When the mushroom and onion are cooked, seasoning with fish sauce, lime juice. Then add cut fresh chilies.
13) Add chopped cilantro.
14) Stir until all ingredients get mix. Enjoy it.