Thai Stir-fried Morning Glory with Shrimp or " Phad Phak Bung Na Gung" in Thai. I went to Asian grocery last week. I got some morning glory. I made Phad Phak Bung Fai Daeng 2 days ago with vegetarian dish. Today I do with shrimp. It's really delicious. Would you like to try. Hope you enjoy it.
Ingredients for stir-fried morning glory:
1) 1/2 Lb. or 3 cups morning glory
2) 2 Tbsp canola oil
3) 3 Tbsp water
Ingredients for stir-fried shrimp:
1) 6 cloves garlic
2) 5 fresh chilies
3) 1/8 tsp salt
4) 3/4 Tbsp soy bean paste
5) 1 Tbsp thin soy sauce
6) 1 tsp Tbsp sugar
7) 1 Tbsp canola oil
8) 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
9) 1 Tbsp water
1) Discard yellow or hard leaves of morning glory, wash dirt, and pat dry. Then cut into 2" length.
2) Clean and peel shell shrimps.
3) Heat 2 Tbsp canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
4) When the oil is hot, add cut morning glory into the pan.
5) Add 3 Tbsp water to stir-fried for a minute or until morning glory is soft.
6) Place fried morning glory into a plate.
7) Peel garlic and remove chilies stems and wash dirt, then coarsely pound in a mortar.
8) Heat 1 Tbsp canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
9) When the oil is hot, add coarsely pounded garlic and chillies.
10) Stir-fried until fragrant.
11) Add shrimps into the pan.
12) Add oyster sauce, thin soy sauce, sugar, water and soy bean paste.
13) Stir Stir quickly until shrimps are cooked. Then remove from the heat.
14) Pour the stir-fried shrimp over the morning glory. Enjoy!