Tom Yum Kung Num Kon. I made Tom Yum Kung Num Kon for our dinner. Num Kon refers to the think of Tom Yum Kung which has evaporated milk add with the main ingredients of Tom Yum Kung. This is not common to put milk in Thai cooking but Thai like try something difference. I know only 2 kinds of Tom Tum Soup,they are clear soup and another one is thick soup. Here I am going to try to make Tom Yum Kung Num Kon to try for my dinner. Let's see how it tastes like ? I am sure you will like it.
1) 15 shrimps
2) 1 cup of evaporated milk
3) 2 cup of water
4) 3 stalks fresh lemon grass
5) 4 " length of galangal
6) 4 kaffir lime leaves
7) 4 fresh chilies pepper
8) 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
9) 3 and 1/2 Tbsp lime juices
10) 9 mushrooms
11) 2 and 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce or lite soy sauce.
12) 1/8 tsp salt
13) 2 shallots
14) 2 Tbsp Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao)
1) Clean shrimps and peel shell.
2) Wash dirt from the mushrooms and slice into 4 pieces.
3) Wash galangal, kaffir lime leaves, shallots and trim off the very end of the root of lemon grass and smash with pestle then cut into 1 " length. Slice galangal and shallots. Tear kaffir lime leaves in halves.
4) Remove fresh chilies stems and wash dirt then thinly slice, wash cilantro and chop it.
5) Here is evaporated milk. I used Wegmans brand, you can find in any supermarket.
6) Add Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao) to mix with the milk.
7) Stir well until Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao) dissolve in the milk and set aside.
8) Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
9) Add salt, cut lemon grass, sliced galangal and kaffir lime leaves.
10) let them boil about 3- 5 minutes then add sliced shallots.
11) Add sliced mushrooms for one minute.
12) Add shrimps into the pot and let them cook for another 2 minutes.
13) Turn off the heat and seasoning with fish sauce, lime juice.
14) Pour the mixture to the pot after you turn off the heat and stir well until get mix.
15) Add sliced fresh chilies and chopped cilantro and stir thoroughly.
16) Put "Tom Yam Gung Num Kon " in a bowl and enjoy it!