Thai Jackfruit Seed Dessert or " Khanom Med Khanoon" in Thai. Dessert means Khanom in Thai. If you go Thailand you could see Thai dessert or Khanom displayed for sale at many places. Each kind of Thai desserts are attractive shape and beautiful colors. Thai desserts offer their taste sensations as impressive as their appearances. Their appealing looks reflect the nature of the Thais who are neat and meticulous. Now you will see my Thai dessert and you can tell how am I supposed to be? Thai desserts are also delicious, colourful and multifarious. Most Thai desserts are made from five simple ingredients like coconut cream, coconut flesh, rice flour, sugar and eggs. Thai desserts besides the culinary arts they are also have a good meaning and valuable that's why many ceremony still have Thai dessert as a need menu. Khanom Med Khanoon is one of superb 9 layers of Thai dessert which has meaning support in your life and work. Here is photos from http://asiarecipe.com/thaidesserts.html I bring to share with you .
superb 9 layers of Thai dessert
1) 2 cups mung bean or 1 bag.
2) 6 eggs ( Yolks))
3) 1 can coconut milk
4) 2 1/2cups sugar ( 1 for mix with steamed mung bean and 1 for mix with the water to boil)
5) 1/8 tsp salt
6) 2 cups water
1) Wash mung bean then soak with water for hour or over night.
2) Drain and bring to steam for 20 minutes or until mung bean cooks.
3) Bring steamed mung bean to mix with coconut milk, salt and sugar.
5) Place the mixture into blender or food processor until it turns to a paste.
7) Bring to stir in a pot on medium - low heat until it starts to turn dry. Make sure the mixture is dry for you to make a shape.
8) Remove from the heat and let it cool down.
9) Make a shape into small oval balls as shown below photos . Set aside.
10) Add 2 cups and 1 1/2 cup of sugar, then bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, and turn off heat completely.
11) Bring 6 fresh egg yolks to stir in a mixing bowl.
12) Add oval balls into the bowl of egg yolks, and coat them .
13) Next place each ball into the syrup.
14) Add as many balls to the syrup as you can make. Now, turn on the heat up to medium/high. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg yolk sets .
15) Remove from the heat, and redo the same step until you cook all of your Thai jack fruit seed dessert.
16) Here is your beautiful Khanom Med Khanoon. Enjoy!