Thai Chu Chee Curry Salmon or " Chu Chee Pla" in Thai. I just made Chu Chee Pla yesterday. My husband love the fantastic flavor of the dish. I try to do with salmon again which is perfect taste. I love to cook salmon with Thai ingredients.I like to try something different for our dinner.
1) 0.43 Lb. salmon steak
2) 1 cup coconut milk (keep 1 Tbsp for garnish)
3) 3 kaffir lime leaves
4) 1 tsp palm sugar
5) 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
6) 1/8 tsp white pepper powder
7) 1 cup Thai sweet basil
8) 4 fresh chilies for garnish
9) 1 Tbsp canola oil
1) Wash salmon and sprinkle with salt.
2) Bring to steam for 20-25 minutes or until salmon is cooked.
3) Wash Thai sweet basil and pick only leaves from stems.
4) Wash kaffir lime leaves and slice finely.
5) Take the seed out from fresh chilies and thinly slice.
6) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
7) When the oil is hot, add Chu Chee curry paste into the pan.
8) Stir until fragrant.
9) Add coconut milk into the pan. Keep 1 or 2 Tbsp for garnish the dish.
10) Add fish sauce, palm sugar and white pepper powder. Stir well until mix together.
11) Add Thai sweet basil.
12) Add sliced kaffir lime leaves.
13) Stir for half minute and remove from the heat.
14) When the salmon is cooked.
15) Place steamed salmon to the plate.
16) Pour the sauce on top of the steamed salmon.
17) Before you serve, garnish with the rest of coconut milk, sliced kaffir lime leaves and slice fresh chilies. Enjoy!