Thai Mung Bean Noodles Spicy Salad ( fresh chili) or " Yum Wun Sen" in Thai. This is my favorite healthy salad Yum Wun Sen. Here I made with fresh chili and shrimp. I will try to make a different ways with ground shrimp, dried chili and roasted peanuts.
1) 1 coil mung bean noodle
2) 15 shrimps
3) 4 green onions
4) 4 sprigs cilantro
5) 1 onion
6) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
7) 2 and 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
8) 2 and 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
9) 1 can straw mushroom
10) 1 tomato
11) 6 fresh chilies
1) This is mung bean noodle. There is many kind of package. You just find the one that you like. I prefer to have the one that have small coil in package. It's easy to take out to cook.
2) Bring to soak water for 10 minutes. Then cut into 4 " long strips.
3) Clean shrimps and peel shell.
4) Here is straw mushroom that come with the can. You can find at Asian grocery.
5) Cut fresh chilies into small pieces.
6) Wash cilantro and cut into small.
7) Cut the end of green onions and wash dirt. Cut green onion roots and cut green onions into 1 " length.
8) Peel onion and wash dirt, then thinly slice. Wash tomato and open half, take the seed out and cut it.
9) Boil water in a pot.
10) When the water is hot, scald mung bean noodles until clear , drain then remove to the mixing bowl.
11) Scald straw mushroom until cook, drain and remove to the mixing bowl.
12) Scald shrimps in the boiling water.
13) In small mixing bowl, add sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and cut fresh chilies. Stir well.
14) Add cut green onions.
15) Add cut cilantro.
16) Add cut tomato and onion.
17) Add cooked shrimps.
18) Pour dressing and stir thoroughly.
19) Enjoy your yum wun sen.