Thai Mung Bean Noodles Spicy Salad ( dried chili) or " Yum Wun Sen" in Thai. This is the dish I did last time with fresh chili. This time I try to learn to make a different ways by using dried chili and ground shrimp. I garnish roasted peanuts and dried chili. This recipe you might find this a little spicy but it is up to you how many chillies you like.
1) 1 coil mung bean noodle
2) 10 shrimps
3) 2 green onions
4) 4 sprigs cilantro
5) 1 onion
6) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
7) 2 and 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
8) 2 and 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
9) 1 can straw mushroom
10) 1 tomato
11) 7 roasted dried chili
12) 1 tsp ground dried chili
13) 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
14) 1 sprig mint
1) This is mung bean noodle. There is many kind of package. You just find the one that you like. I prefer to have the one that have small coil in package. It's easy to take out to cook.
2) Bring to soak water for 10 minutes. After that cut into 4" long strips.
3) Clean shrimps and peel shell.
4) Grind shrimps.
5) Heat a small pan on low heat. Add the dried chili and toast them until they turn real dark
6) Set the chilies aside and prepare roasted peanuts . I already have roasted peanuts if you do not have it, you can just follow step 5 with peanuts. 7) Cut the end of green onions and wash dirt. Cut green onion roots and cut green onions into 1 " length. Wash cilantro and cut into small.
7) Peel onion and wash dirt, then thinly slice. Wash tomato and open half, take the seed out and cut it. Wash mint for garnish.
8) Boil water in a pot.
9) When the water is hot, scald mung bean noodles until clear , drain then remove to the mixing bowl.
10) Scald straw mushroom until cook, drain and remove to the mixing bowl.
11) Scald shrimps in the boiling water.
12) In small mixing bowl, add sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and ground dried chili . Stir well.
13) Add green onions.
14) Add cilantro.
15) Add sliced onion.
16) Add cut tomato.
17) After the shrimp is cook, add in the mixing bowl.
18) Pour dressing and stir thoroughly.
20) Add roasted dried chili .
21) roasted peanuts and stir well until all ingredients get together.
Before you serve garnish with mint then enjoy your Yum Wun Sen.