Vegetarian Fried Rice with Tofu or " Khao Phad Sai Tofu" in Thai. I have Chinese broccoli (Gai Lan)in the fridge and I try this vegetarian dish today. A very simple vegetarian stir-fried rice with Chinese broccoli with tofu. Try it sometime, this is very easy stir-fried recipe.
1) 2 cups cooked rice
2) 2 eggs
3) 3 Tbsp thin soy sauce
4) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
5) 2 Tbsp canola oil
6) 1 piece extra firm tofu
7) 2 cups Chinese broccoli
8) 3 cloves garlic
9) 1 onion
10) 3 fresh chilies
11) 1/2 Tbsp lime sauce
12) 3 sprigs cilantro for garnish
13) 1/8 tsp pepper powder for garnish
1) This is extra firm tofu that you can find at Asian grocery.
2) Cut into small dices or the way you like.
3) Discard yellow or hard leaves of Chinese broccoli, wash dirt. Then cut leaves into 2" length, peel stems' skin, and slice into small pieces.
5) Wash cilantro and chop it for garnish the dish.
6) Peel garlic and onion, remove chilies' stem, wash dirt, mince garlic, and cut chilies and onion into small pieces.
7) Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
8) When the oil is hot, add minced garlic into the pan.
9) Add cut onion into the pan and stir-fried until fragrant.
10) Then add cut tofu.
11) seasoning with thin soy sauce, sugar and lime juice. Stir well for 2 minutes.
12) Make room for eggs in the middle of the pan, scramble with spatula, and spread eggs in a thin layer. Stir until eggs are cooked. 13) Add cooked rice.
14) Stir well until the sauce mix thoroughly.
15) Add cut Chinese broccoli and stir until Chinese broccoli get soft.
16) Garnish the cilantro and pepper powder before you serve. Enjoy.