Thai Cucumber Salad (Lao Style) or " Som Tum Taeng Lao" I made the cucumber salad for our lunch yesterday. This is another version of Som Tum that you can do with papaya, cucumber or long green bean. This is northeast of Thailand food. When I made Som Tum Taeng. It remind me to think about my mother's cooking. The way she makes this dish is so tasty.
1) 1 cucumber
2) 1 Tbsp fish sauce
3) 1 tsp palm sugar
4) 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
5) 1/4 tsp shrimp paste
6) 2 fresh chilies
7) 1 clove garlic
8) 1/8 tsp salt
1) Peel skin and wash cucumber.
2) Shred cucumber.
3) Wash and slice tomato.
4) In mortar and pestle, coarsely pound the fresh chilies, garlic and salt .
5) Add fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar and shrimp paste into the mortar.
6) Add sliced tomato.
7) Gently crush, and mix thoroughly.
8) Add shredded cucumber into the mortar.
9) Pound together until mix well.
10) Place to the serving plate with fresh vegetable and enjoy!