Thai Stir-fried Shrimp with Cashew Nuts and water chestnuts or "Gung Phad Med Ma-Muang Hi-Ma-Phan" in Thai. I made this dish two days ago.http://amporn-oleski.blogspot.com/2010/04/thai-stir-fried-shrimp-with-cashew-nut.html Here I learn to make a different ways for my dinner. I like new way better that the ingredients I used today can be seen in the picture below. I added water chestnuts and red bell pepper which is a bit of a mouthful. It becomes my new favorite dish of Thai food in my kitchen. Try to cook this one and you will love it.
Ingredients for shrimps:
1) 15 Shrimps
2) 1 tsp tapioca flour
3) 1 Tbsp thin soy sauce
4) 1 tsp rice vinegar
5) 2 Tbsp canola oil
Ingredients for the sauce:
1) 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
2) 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
3) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
4) 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot chili sauce
5) 2 Tbsp water
6) 1 tsp sesame oil
7) 1 tsp white vinegar
8) 1 tsp tapioca flour
Ingredients for stir-fried:
1) 1 onion
2) 4 cloves garlic
3) 4 green onion
4) 1/2 cashew nut
5) 10 dried chilies
6) 1 red bell pepper
7) 1 can water chestnuts ( 1/2 cup)
8) 2 Tbsp canola oil
1) Clean shrimps, peel shell.
2) Toss shrimps with tapioca flour, rice vinegar and thin soy sauce, and marinade for 10 minutes or a bit longer.
3) Open water chestnuts from the can and cut into haves.
4) Here is cashew nuts. I prefer to use unsalted cashew nuts, here salted cashew nuts are used because I don't have it.
5) Peel onion and wash red bell pepper and onion and cut into 1/2 " length dice. Take the seed out from dried chilies.
6) Cut the end of green onions. Cut into 1 " length and cut the head of onion into small pieces.
7) Peel garlic and chop garlic.
8) After marinade shrimps, Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
9) When the oil is hot, bring shrimps to fry until shrimps are cooked.
10) Remove from the heat and place to paper tower.
11) Same pan and oil, add cut onions and dried chilies to fry until get soft.
12) Add dried chilies to fry in the pan until turn dark red or crunchy.
13) Then remove from the heat and place into the paper tower.
14) In a small mixing bowl, add ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
15) Heat canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
16) When the oil is hot, add chopped garlic to stir-fried until fragrant.
17) Add the mixture into the pan and stir until the sauce get thick.
18) Add cashew nuts.
19) Add cut water chestnuts and stir until mix well with the sauce.
20) Add fried onions and dried chilies.
21) Add cooked shrimps and stir until all ingredients get together.
22) Add cut red bell pepper.
23) Add cut green onions.
24) Stir quickly for half minute and remove from the heat and enjoy your food!